Thursday, April 14, 2016

Today was a really good day!


It was a good day! Met a person who was at a UCC church in another town but living here now and looking for a church at a Chamber SOHO event (which also had a good speaker talking about networking)... had a very good meeting with the county coordinated services team, and some great conversation with the new director of public health in chippewa county... got 4 packs of 400 black post-it-notes on clearance for $3 a pack... eye exam and new prescription with my amazing eye doctor, who also told me that my cataracts haven't moved at all in the last year... gas in the car, movie rentals taken back on time, made it to an event for our State Representative Dana Wachs (who is amazing, and fighting - as he always has - for the people) and had great conversation with some folks there... and had my Caribou Earth Day coffee mug filled three times for free... and also got my monthly subscription to meundies in the mail, and it's a beautiful design (these really are the most comfortable, most amazing undies I've ever worn - totally worth the price)...

AND - and this is a *huge* AND - I parallel parked into a regular sized spot!!! I suck at parallel parking, so don't do it, but I had to tonight for Dana - and, by God, it only took my three back-and-forths to get it nestled in properly, and I didn't hit either car in front or behind me. 50 years old, and I finally managed to parallel park all on my own, without a spotter, and without hitting anything, or without going back and forth 20 times. Woot! 

Going to make the rest of the year kind of pale in comparison, though...

And if I hurt anyone along the way, I'm blissfully unaware of it - I don't think I even did anything stupid while driving, and I didn't say anything offensive, even accidentally, today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.