Saturday, December 1, 2018

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar Day 1

Hello, all -

Another time of Advent, and another LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar! I've gotten the calendars for a few years, and always enjoy the daily surprise. Sometimes they're kind of disappointing, most of the time they're pretty cool, and sometimes they're really exciting!

I posted the calendar to Facebook last year, and this year I thought I'd post it to my blog.

Today is the first day of Advent, so I opened the Day 1 window and got the pieces to build this:


Day 1 is a landspeeder. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell exactly what a build is supposed to be, but I'm quite certain this is supposed to be Luke's landspeeder from Episode IV.

It's really quite an efficient design and well - for only having 17 or 18 pieces, it does the trick!

And as much as I love all the Star Wars related stuff, my heart will always be for Episodes IV-VI, so getting something on Day from the very first episode is a super treat. The "playmat" that comes with the Advent Calendar box has a lot of ice and snow on it, making me think of Hoth, so hopefully we'll be seeing some Episode V goodies, too. I'd love an imperial probe droid, medical droid, an AT-AT, and/or a snowspeeder. I could look at the front of the box to get an idea of the stuff that's coming, but I don't like to do that. I prefer to be surprised. What would be really cool from Hoth would be Luke in an eviscerated Tauntaun.

Which reminds of a joke my Amazon Echo told me - 
Q. What is the internal temperature of a tauntaun? [highlight the line below to see the answer]
A. Lukewarm!

Come back tomorrow to see what Day 2 offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.