Monday, December 3, 2018

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar Day 3

Today, we go away from the movies entirely and into the realm of animation with The Freemaker Adventures. I have no idea what they are, because I've not watched them.

I did, however, know that this build is called The Arrowhead, because LEGO released a large scale build of this last year and it seemed pretty similar. I did not get the large-scale Arrowhead because it's an ugly ship, IMO.



To me, that's a very unpleasing ship design.I'm curious what the ship looks like in the cartoons. So bear with me a moment - I'm going to look for one.
Here it is, to the best of my knowledge - not having seen the show, I don't know if this is a picture of the actual one or a fan-person's rendering. But close enough.


It's a bit better than the LEGO realization, but it's still not a ship I would want to be flying in the Star Wars universe. I'd feel cheated. Might even join the Empire just to get a cooler ship.

Anyway, the point here is to show what comes in the calendar, so here is today's build of the Arrowhead.




Somehow the low-piece-count version turns out kind of charming and cute in a way that the original doesn't manage. It's a close approximation, I'll give it that, but not very close. But for a build that is, I think, 16 pieces of what is a kind of complex design, this is pretty impressive.

It's a strange choice, though, to go to a somewhat fringe version of Star Wars. I mean, I've known about the animated Clone Wars for a long time, even though I've never watched any of them, either. But Freemakers? Brand new to me today.

When I saw the Arrowhead big build at the store when I came out, I just assumed it was one of the number of lackluster forgettable ships we've seen in Episodes VII and VIII.

So,well, there you go! I'm actually pleased with the little thing. Like I said, it's kind of charming and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.