Thursday, December 14, 2023

2023 Star Wars Advent Calendar - Day 12

From the Clone Wars we move to ... Santa's robotic reindeer shop?

I really like when the Advent Calendar builds come with a holiday/Christmas theme (like Yoda in a santa hat from years ago, or minifigures in ugly Christmas sweaters).

Today's a double win - one of my favorite of all the Star Wars droids, the Gonk Droid, dressed up as a reindeer! A truly excellent idea from the geniuses at LEGO. 


I wish that instead of a black stud for the nose it had included a red one to make Rudolph. Thankfully, I have a boatload of red ones that were extra parts in other builds, so I tried two of them, a solid red and a translucent red:



I like the subtlety of the translucent one, but I think the boldness of the solid red one works much better. My version of the Reindeer Gonk Droid now has a solid red nose. Welcome to my home, Rudolph Gonk! I do hereby name you R1G4! (Because I think this is the 4th gonk droid I've gotten in the Advent Calendars over the years). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.