Monday, December 18, 2023

2023 Star Wars Advent Calendar - Day 17

 Day 17 brings us a week away from the final. Not many days or builds left.

But given the excellence of the daily builds so far, I'm beginning to think that we're looking at some great rest through the entire calendar.

I mean, look at this one: an AT-ST from Return of the Jedi! And a pretty good one. I wish they had made the ankles out of rotating LEGO like they did with where the legs meet the "pelvis" of the thing, but that's a minor quibble.



Great, isn't it? On the liturgical calendar, today is the third Sunday of Advent - known as Gaudete Sunday, which means "Joy". I have been an absolute fan of all the Walkers in the Star Wars world since seeing an AT-AT for the first time in Empire Strikes Back. I was giddy with excitement seeing those things walking across the snow. Are they entirely impractical for anything? Absolutely! Truly a terrible design from a functional standpoint, but a brilliant design from a fascist/brutalist standpoint. I was obsessed with the walkers. Such a cool design.

Then when the AT-ST showed up in ROTJ? I was all woo hoo again! I don't think any design will ever top the awesomeness of the AT-AT, but the AT-ST is definitely close. 

So on Joy Sunday, LEGO's Advent Calendar filled me with joy. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.