Saturday, December 16, 2023

2023 Star Wars Advent Calendar - Day 16

Another WOW! from me as I opened the little door to the secret cubby hole that is the hiding place of the build that is the LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar for day 16. This is now three days we've been on the forest moon of Endor. We had princess Leia in her Endor battle fatigues; we had the tree houses of the Ewoks yesterday, and today the entrance to the Imperial Shield Generator site.

And it looks pretty good, too!

as a p.s. - did you know that Endor is in the Outer Rim territories? That's why the Empire chose it as the place to build the Death Star II. But even more interesting is that throughout galactic history, Ewok Jerky was a popular snack in the Outer Rim and outworlders would often come to Endor to hunt the ewoks to make jerky out of them. Creepy. But then, the little buggers were gonna eat Han and Luke, so, well, it's all fair play I guess. And where did they get the dress for Leia if not from some other humanoid they ate previously? I don't know.

Ewok Jerky was first mentioned in the Clone Wars series, so I guess that's the tie that LEGO was going for when it switched the Advent Calendar from Clone Wars builds to Return of the Jedi Endor builds.

I wonder if I get a prize for figuring this out.




Pretty nice, isn't it? 

Here it is with Leai and the trees:



I know that there is at least one more ROTJ build coming, because the cover of the calendar shows an Ewok minifgure. I really try not to look at the box so that I will be surprised, but some things are difficult not to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.