Thursday, December 5, 2019

Day 1 - 2019 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar

For Day 1, what appears to be a rather pedestrian Star Destroyer. And given the colors, and that this is 2019 with a new Star Wars movie coming out, I’m assuming it’s a First Order one.

I checked my assumption with another blog I follow, and according to the blog writer, yes, this is indeed a First Order Star Destroyer.

The blog also mentioned that the “doors” of this year’s calendar are easier to open - I actually thought that same thing after opening this first door. The doors of the calendars have always had perforations and a little tab to punch in so that one can then pull out the door. The perforations were often not well done, and opening the door often resulted in tears and frustration. But wow - the perforations this year are much better and the door opened smoothly!

Though the model is somewhat lackluster, that's also a fault of the lackluster design of the ships in Star Wars. The original Star Destroyers were awesome - the First Order ones lack finesse. They are an inelegant design. In my opinion, that is. So much so that I did not buy the LEGO version of the ships. They're even uglier in LEGO.

But given the few pieces that make this mini-model, I'll give them credit for making it work. It's a good start to the Advent Calendar!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.