Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 10 - 2019 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar

I must admit, after getting this built I did not recognize what it was. I thought about it for a while, I looked at it, I tried to shake a memory out of my head... but nothing. But I also haven't seen all the animated Star Wars stuff, so maybe this is from that, I thought. Here it is:

\



I have to photograph these things on my tablecloth because the taking photos on the scene that the box offers is changing the grey pieces into an orangish tan. There is so much blue on the LEGO box display area it's throwing off the camera's ability to grab the colors correctly, even though to my eye (in real life) the pieces still look gray. Weird. Science!!

I had to look it up. Duh. As soon as I read what it was, I was like, "Duh."

It's a quadjumper! I didn't much get screen time in the movie, but it did come out as a larger LEGO set last year or the year before, perhaps, and I *almoat* bought one when I saw it on sale. But it wasn't a ship that had enough emotional resonance to have it, and I'm already out of space to display things with quite a few sets that I haven't even put together yet... eeesh.

So, anyway, Quadjumper. It's an intersting ship design that I'm not sure I like, but not sure I dislike, either.

But whatever my feelings of the ship's design, this LEGO mini-version is a pretty good version of it in 20 or so pieces. I'm pleased, but some of the colors aren't quite what they ought to be.

See the oroginal.

Something I did not know until I was just now looking up the ship is that it comes apart - a top part and a bottom part, both of which can fly independently and have separate cockpits. Cool.








\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.