Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Day 16 - 2019 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar

Hmmmm....

before looking it up, I thought "landspeeder", but it doesn't seem like it ought to be Luke's. And since the Calendar this year seems to go thematic for a number of days in a row, I decided that this must be an Episode III - we had the snail tank and the battle droid, both used in the Battle of Kashyyyk.

So who had a landspeeder in Episode III?

No one?

No one I can remember. I don't think that Yoda used one to get to his shuttle.

So, time to rethink - I had thought at first that the snail tank from two days was part of the Battle of Naboo, and this has a similar color scheme. Perhaps it's not a landspeeder but a much larger vehicle. Could it be a troop transport? It does look like one.

I looked it up, and yep, definitely appears to be one of these troop transports that has a hatch (and I assume that dangly thing on the end of the model is the hatch in "open" position) that pushes out the battle droids like those orange pushups from my childhood



except that instead of getting some wonderful ice cream, one gets emotionless computerized death machines with blasters. That thankfully are programmed very poorly and programmed to be silly, not actual death machines. Yet another reason to loathe the prequels.

So, here it is:






Another pretty good realization of a ship in very few pieces.

I am SOOOOO pleased with this year's Advent Calendar! After the past few years, I almost didn't get this year's, but when it came out I couldn't resist. I'm glad I got it.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please speak your truth in your comments, whatever it is, so long as you do so with integrity and honesty to yourself and your position, no matter how much you disagree with me or another poster. But also be peaceful and respectful or your comment will be deleted. Insulting and shouting is not dialogue, it's just shouting and insulting.